Friday, February 26, 2010

Two Early Songs (for Dad)

These were recorded sometime around late 2008/early 2009, a few months or so before I began to concieve the "alternative rap" music you hear on this blog.

1. Burger King Menu Rap

I have no idea how this came about, but it's pretty self-explanatory -- I rap/rhyme all the items on the Burger King menu for your listening pleasure. Recorded straight to Audacity (before my time with Mixcraft); beat is from my trusty old Casio keyboard. My parents constantly tease me whenever they hear this song about my unusual pronunciations of things, specifically "omelet" (which I do say correctly, according to Dictionary.com) and "one percent" (wumpacent). Also, in case you're checking the Burger King menu for whatever reason, you're out-of-luck -- the menu has sadly changed since then.

2. Old People

This is a bizarre little ditty called "Old People" which I randomly started improvising one morning. I quickly rushed to the computer to record this song. It sounded amazing, but was unfortunately lost somehow. So I re-recorded it with Audacity, and ba-zing, this song.

Enjoy.

2 comments:

  1. You are an awesome artist and an awesome young man for posting this for your dad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for posting these early favorites of mine. You have opened my ears to all kinds of new music. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete